Recipe and photo courtesy of celebrity chef Nick Stellino, who is celebrating the 25th anniversary of his hit TV show Storyteller in The Kitchen.
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup golden brown sugar (I use C&H)
- 1 jalapeño pepper seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon Nick’s Magic Rub (1 tablespoon C&H Golden Brown Sugar, 1 tablespoon salt, 1 tablespoon pepper, 1 tablespoon paprika, 1 tablespoon onion powder).
- 1/2 cup Cotija, queso blanco, or feta cheese, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 cups corn kernels
- 1/2 cup finely diced onion
- 1 diced red bell pepper
- To taste salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 Mix all dressing ingredients in a large bowl, whisking well to incorporate the flavors.
- 2 Add the corn salad ingredients and stir, coating the salad with the dressing.
- 3 Add the chopped parsley and stir into the salad.
- 4 Chef's tip: For a more flavorful result, let the salad rest in the refrigerator for no less than one and up to four hours. Remove and warm to room temperature before serving.