With anticipation building up for the Super Bowl, fans are finalizing their Super Bowl party menus. Though chips, dips, chicken wings and pizza are the usual Super Bowl-go-to’s, the folks at DOBEL Tequila suggest adding unique twists to classic game day recipes. DOBEL is bringing the Tex-Mex experience straight to your living room with these tequila-infused Mexican dishes. For fun, put it in colored margarita glasses matching the team you’re rooting for.
Recipe courtesy of DOBEL Tequila
- 2 ounces, Dobel Tequila
- 1/2 teaspoon, salt
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 1 teaspoon, ground cumin
- 2 finely chopped cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 chopped onions
- 14 1/2 oz, can diced tomatoes in juice
- 1 minced habanero, jalapeno, or Serrano chili pepper (depends on how spicy you want it)
- 1/3 cup, mild chili powder
- 15 ounces, drained, rinsed pinto beans
- 2 cups, beef broth
- 1 teaspoon, dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon, ground cayenne
- Sour cream, to serve (optional)
- Shredded cheese, to serve (optional)
- 1 Sauté onions in the oil in a large covered pot for 5 minutes over a moderate heat. Add ground cumin, minced chilies and garlic and cook for another 2 minutes. Add chili powder and cook for 1 minute, then add the salt, oregano and beef and cook,stirring, for 8 minutes or until the beef is browned all over. Add the broth, tomatoes, bay leaf, and cayenne. Bring the chili to a boil, then turn the heat down to moderately low and simmer it partly covered for an hour and a half. Add the beans. Add DOBEL tequila and more salt or cayenne if needed.
- 2 Simmer the chili uncovered for another 10 minutes then serve it garnished with cheese and/orsour cream.