A perfect accompaniment to delicate spinach, Olivaylle Olive Nectar™ adds luscious flavor and supercharges the health benefits of the leafy greens.
Recipe courtesy of OliVaylle and submitted by Conchita De Moya. OliVaylle Olive Nectar™ is extra virgin olive oil from Australia.
- 1 bunch fresh, baby spinach, well washed & shredded
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 1/2 cup OliVaylle Olive Nectar
- 6 strips streaky bacon, rindless and cubed
- 1/2 cup croutons
- 1 Separate the white and yolk of the hard boiled eggs. Finely chop the whitesand reserve. Mash the yolks and blend with the Olive Nectar. Pour over thespinach leaves. Sprinkle the chopped egg whites over the salad also.
- 2 Fry the bacon cubes until crisp. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon and setaside.
- 3 Pour the balsamic vinegar into the pan in which the bacon was fried.
- 4 Pour the hot bacon-vinegar sauce over the salad and toss.
- 5 Top with croutons and crisp bacon slivers and serve immediately.