This Halloween, The Glenrothes single-malt Scotch brings you a dastardly whiskey and candy combo. These candy apples are definitely for the adults!
- 8 crisp apples
- 8 wooden bamboo sticks
- 1 package brown sugar
- 2/3 cup dark corn syrup
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons The Glenrothes 12-year old whiskey
- 1 Insert wooden sticks 3/4 of the way into the apples. Place all apples on a cookie sheet that has been greased and lined with aluminum foil.
- 2 Combine sugar, corn syrup and water in a large saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and cook until consistency begins to resemble caramel. Remove from heat and stir in whiskey.
- 3 Keep the saucepan over low heat so that the liquid does not harden. Working quickly, carefully dip apples in the caramel.
- 4 Decorate with your favorite sprinkles, toppings or nuts. Place apples on the cookie sheet once more until the caramel has hardened.
- 5 Enjoy wiht a dram of The Glenrothes 12-year old neat or on the rocks.