Hooray for Hollywood! You’ll be the star of your Oscar® watch party with these Star-Shaped Mini Club Canapés crafted by caterer-to-the-stars Andrea Correale!
Andrea knows what she’s talking about. As president and founder of Elegant Affairs, over the past 20 years, she’s produced catered events for stars like Brooke Shields, Mariah Carey, Jimmy Fallon and Liam Neeson.
- 8 slices white country bread
- 4 tablespoons mayo (made with avocado oil)
- 1/2 pound honey glazed ham (thin slices)
- 1/2 pound prosciutto
- 1/2 pound Havarti dill cheese
- 1/2 pound smoked gouda cheese
- Garnish parsley petals
- Garnish 12 quarter size lemon slices
- 12 toothpicks
- 1 Lightly toast each piece of bread until golden. On a clean work surface, lay out all 8 slices of bread. Spread mayonnaise evenly.
- 2 On two slices, layer two slices prosciutto and 2 slices Dill Havarti cheese. Top each slice with another piece of toast. Set aside.
- 3 With the remaining 4 slices of bread, make 2 more sandwiches using 2 slices honey glazed ham and 2 slices gouda.
- 4 Using a small star-shaped cookie cutter, begin carefully cutting out star shapes. You should be able to get 3 stars from each sandwich.
- 5 Top each star with one parsley petal and one lemon slice and insert toothpick into each star.