Combine your cocktail and appetizer in one bite! These steak bites don’t require a grill but are perfect for summer.
Recipe courtesy of Chinet.
- 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 whole small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 Cup vodka
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 Cup tomato sauce
- 1 Tablespoon prepared horseradish (rounded)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/3 lbs beef sirloin, cut into large bite-sized pieces, 1" by 2"
- Steak seasoning blend to taste
- Bamboo skewers (6" to 8" long)
- 1 Heat a small saucepan over medium heat. Add oil and onions and sauté 5 minutes.
- 2 Add vodka and reduce by half. Add Worcestershire, hot sauce, tomato sauce and horseradish. Stir to combine the dipping sauce and return the sauce to a bubble.
- 3 Add salt and pepper and adjust seasonings.
- 4 Heat nonstick skillet over high heat. Coat meat bites lightly in oil. Season with steak seasoning blend or salt and pepper, to taste.
- 5 Cook the meat until caramelized all over, about 2 minutes on each side.
- 6 Transfer dipping sauce to a small dish and place at the center of a serving platter. Surround the dip with meat bites and set several bamboo "stakes" or skewers along side meat.