The plain, humble baked potato gets jazzed up with this recipe featuring freshly ground Steakhouse Seasoning and Cheddar cheese.
Recipe courtesy of McCormick
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 1/3 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Steakhouse Seasoning from McCormick® Steakhouse Seasoning Grinder
- McCormick® Sea Salt Grinder (optional)
- 1 Preheat oven to 425°F. Microwave potatoes on HIGH 7 minutes, turning potatoes halfway through cooking time. Cool potatoes slightly.
- 2 Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Scoop potato into medium bowl, leaving 1/4-inch edge to form shell. Set shells aside. Add cheese, milk, butter, Steakhouse Seasoning and sea salt, if desired, to cooked potato; mash with potato masher. Fill shells evenly with potato mixture. Place on baking sheet.
- 3 Bake 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Twist additional Steakhouse Seasoning over potatoes, if desired.
- 4 TIP: For extra-cheesy filling, increase shredded Cheddar cheese to 1/2 cup.