This easy dessert is a sophisticated twist on the favorite, strawberries and whipped cream.
Recipe courtesy of McCormick
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Gourmet Collection Anise Seed
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, whipped to soft peaks
- 6 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 Remove 4 (2-inch) strips from lemon with vegetable peeler. Place in bowl of small food processor with sugar and anise seed; cover. Process until peel is finely ground. Add ricotta cheese and vanilla; cover. Process until smooth. Spoon into large bowl. Gently fold in whipped cream. Cover.
- 2 Refrigerate 1 hour or until ready to serve.
- 3 Layer strawberries and anise-ricotta cream in 8 parfait glasses. Garnish each with a whole strawberry, if desired.