Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, and what better way to say ‘I love you’ than with a pound cake and donut mashup?
This decadent Strawberry Donut Pound Cake is made with organic ingredients and uses ColorKitchen, a plant-based alternative to the traditional food dyes and sprinkles.
ColorKitchen’s plant colors are also vegan, gluten-free and non-GMO, making decorating for your loved ones with food allergies and sensitivities seamless and still delicious!
For the Cake
- 2 sticks (227 grams) organic butter, softened
- 3 cups (680 grams) organic sugar
- 2 teaspoons organic vanilla extract
- 7 organic large eggs
- 3 cups (425 grams) all-natural cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup organic milk
For the Glaze
- 2 1/2 cups (340 grams) organic powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/4 cup organic milk
- 1 teaspoon all-natural strawberry flavor
- 1/8 teaspoon ColorKitchen Foods Pink Color Packet
- ColorKitchen Rainbow Sprinkles
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2 In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream the butter, sugar and vanilla extract.
- 3 Add in the eggs and mix on low until combined. Scrape down the side of the bowl and mix again until combined.
- 4 In a separate bowl, mix together the cake flour and sea salt.
- 5 Add in the cake flour mixture and milk, alternating each and beginning and ending with the cake flour. Mix on low until combined. Scrape sides of bowl and mix again on low until combined.
- 6 Grease the bundt pan well with butter. And, pour the cake batter into the bundt pan.
- 7 Bake for 1 hour 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 8 Once cake is cooled, remove it from the bundt pan, carefully.
- 9 In a clean mixing bowl fitted with paddle attachment, add the powdered sugar, milk, pink dye and strawberry flavor. Mix on low until combined into a smooth frosting.
- 10 Place cake on a cake stand, and drizzle the frosting over the top of the cake so it runs down both sides.
- 11 Sprinkle the top of the frosting with rainbow sprinkles.
- 12 Store in a cake dome.