Strawberry Rosewater Milk Shake Recipe. Used in moderation, rosewater adds a lovely floral note to any number of dishes. It is particularly pleasing when blended with the strawberries in this summery milk shake. It’s the sort of cooling drink that’s great on the patio on a hot day. When fresh strawberries are out of season, use partially thawed, frozen berries for best results.
Facts per Serving
Calories: 725 Fat, Total: 33g Carbohydrates, Total: 98g
Cholesterol: 133mg Sodium: 272mg Protein: 14g
Fiber: 2g % Cal. from Fat: 41% % Cal. from Carbs: 54%
Tip: To whip up the smoothest milk shakes and smoothies, and to mix up perfectly blended drinks, we like KitchenAid’s 5-speed blender. This powerful blender not only blends drinks quickly but its redesigned glass jar and spout make for easy pouring. And it comes in 8 attractive colors to match any kitchen decor.
Recipe Courtesy of Cooking.com.
- 1 generous pint ripe fresh strawberries, hulled, halved
- 2 cups cold whole milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons food grade rose water
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream
- Pesticide-free rose petals, optional
- 1 Place strawberries in single layer on small baking sheet or in shallow casserole dish and freeze uncovered until semi-frozen, about 20 minutes. Chill four 11-ounce soda fountain glasses or other tall glasses in freezer.
- 2 Blend half of all ingredients except rose petals in blender or drink mixer until just smooth (do not overmix or shake may become too thin). Divide mixture evenly among chilled glasses. Repeat blending with remaining ingredients except rose petals.
- 3 Garnish each glass with rose petals and serve immediately with straws.