If you’re looking to make a big impression on your love or friends with whom you’re celebrating Valentine’s Day, caterer-to-the-stars Andrea Correale, founder of Elegant Affairs, is here to help with this recipe for Strawberry Shortcake Spoons.
Bite-size, bursting with flavor and oh-so-elegant, you’ll be the sweetheart of your party with these Strawberry Shortcake Spoons. Andrea has been planning luxe events and catering for clients like Leonardo DiCaprio, P. Diddy and Jimmy Choo for more than 20 years. She makes it seem easy, so you can bask in the kudos.
- 2-1/2 cups biscuit mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 quart strawberries, cut in wedges
- As desired fresh whipped cream
- 1 Mix all ingredients except strawberries and whipped cream until soft dough forms.
- 2 Spread in ungreased square pan, 8x8x2-inch or a round pan, 8x1-1/2 inches.
- 3 Bake at 425 degrees F for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- 4 Cool 10 minutes.
- 5 Cut out in quarter size rounds.
- 6 Split each piece horizontally.
- 7 Place a few drops of strawberry juice from prepared strawberries in spoon. Top with a strawberry wedge, top with a biscuit round, add a small dollop of whipped cream, and repeat. Top off with a tiny piece of mint.
- 8 Finish with whipped cream.