Recipe Courtesy of Cooking.com.
Think of these meaty stuffed chops as a sort of pork saltimbocca. Try with buttered orzo and green beans. Pour a smooth Dolcetto or Nebbiolo.
Facts per Serving
Calories: 618 Fat, Total: 39g Carbohydrates, Total: 7g
Cholesterol: 176mg Sodium: 630mg Protein: 55g
Fiber: 0g % Cal. from Fat: 57% % Cal. from Carbs: 5%
- 4 thick boneless pork loin chops (about 8 ounces each)
- 8 fresh sage leaves
- 2 ounces thinly sliced pepperoni
- 2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- 2 ounces thinly sliced provolone cheese
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Cut each pork chop horizontally forming deep pocket for stuffing. Stuff sage leaves, pepperoni, prosciutto and cheese into pockets of pork chops, dividing equally. Skewer pockets closed with oiled toothpicks. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Dredge stuffed pork chops in flour, shaking off excess.
- 2 Heat oil in heavy large nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat. Pan-fry chops until brown and cooked through, about 6 minutes per side. Transfer chops to plates. Remove toothpicks and serve.