It’s easy to prepare General Tso’s Chicken with Sun-Bird® seasonings. The spice and seasonings in the sauce will turn out perfectly every time.
This recipe courtesy of Williams Foods, C. H. Guenther & Son, Inc.
“SunBird Seasoning Mixes”:http://www.williamsfoods.com/Recipe1.php?category=Asian%20Classics can be found at your local grocery store in the Asian food section.
FOR HOTTER SAUCE: add crushed red chilies to taste.
- 1 packet (1 1/4 ounces) Sun-Bird® General Tso's seasoning
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 pound chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Add flour to resealable plastic food bag. Add chicken chunks and seal. Shake bag to coat chicken evenly.
- 2 Combine seasoning, sugar, soy sauce and water; blend and set aside.
- 3 Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat until hot. Add flour-coated chicken and cook until evenly browned.
- 4 Stir sauce mixture and add to skillet with chicken.
- 5 Bring sauce to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until desired consistency.