Honey Sesame Chicken is sure to be a favorite when using Sun-Bird® Seasonings. This stir-fry recipe is quick and simple to follow.
This recipe courtesy of Williams Foods, C. H. Guenther & Son, Inc.
Make it Pineapple Chicken? In Step 3 add 1 (8 ounces) can crushed pineapple, un-drained, omitting the water.
SunBird Seasoning Mixes can be found at your local grocery store in the Asian food section.
- For the marinade: 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken, cut into bite size chunks
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- For the sauce: 1 package (7/8 ounce) Sun-Bird® Honey Sesame Chicken Seasoning Mix
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup white or brown sugar
- 1/2 cup salted cashews, optional
- 1 To marinate chicken, combine soy sauce, cornstarch, and water in a zip lock bag. Add chicken and marinate about 5 minutes.
- 2 In a large skillet or wok, heat oil. Remove chicken from marinade with a slotted spoon and stir-fry in oil until golden brown and cooked through.
- 3 For the sauce, in a separate bowl, blend together seasoning mix, oil, and water. Whisk in sugar until almost dissolved.
- 4 Pour sauce over chicken and continue to cook stirring constantly until sauce is thickened.
- 5 Add cashews if desired.