For a taste of Thai at home, try this Sun-Bird® Thai Red Curry Chicken dish. The seasoning mixure calls for water, but for a more authentic flair use coconut milk instead.
This recipe courtesy of Williams Foods, C. H. Guenther & Son, Inc.
“SunBird Seasoning Mixes”:http://www.williamsfoods.com/Recipe1.php?category=Asian%20Classics can be found at your local grocery store in the Asian food section.
Really authentic? Substitute 3/4 cup coconut milk for water.
- 1 package (1 ounce) Sun-Bird® Thai Red Curry Seasoning Mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound chicken, cut into chunks
- 1/2 medium sized each red and green bell peppers, cut in to strips
- 1 Blend together seasoning mix, sugar, soy sauce, and water; set aside.
- 2 In a large skillet, heat oil. Add chicken and stir-fry over medium high heat until evenly browned.
- 3 Add bell peppers and continue cooking until chicken is done.
- 4 Pour seasoning mixture over chicken and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer about 2 minutes or until thickened.