Extra flavorful cheese adds new taste excitement to an ordinary turkey burger.
Recipe courtesy of Borden Singles Sensations™.
- 12 ounces lean ground turkey
- 8 ounces lean turkey Italian sausage, casing removed
- olive oil, as needed
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 8 slices Borden® Sun Dried Tomato Basil Singles Sensations™
- 1 cup baby lettuce mix
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 slices red onion
- 1 Combine turkey and sausage in bowl. Divide mixture into 4 equal portions and shape into patties.
- 2 Cook patties in large nonstick oiled skillet over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- 3 Spread mayonnaise evenly on each of 4 slices bread; top each with 1 burger patty and 2 slices cheese.
- 4 Close with top half of each sandwich. Spread butter on top and bottom of sandwiches; grill in skillet on both sides until cheese melts and bread is toasted. Serve sandwiches garnished with lettuce, tomato and onion.