The whole family will love these superfood pecan energy bars. They’re simple and nutritious, making them a perfect on-the-go snack!
- 15 (9 ounces) Medjool dates
- 1 cup raw pecan halves
- 1/2 cup gluten free oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 Preheat the oven to 200°F.
- 2 Place the dates in the food processor and process or pulse until they are chopped and a rough texture forms. Then, add the remaining ingredients and process for a minute or so until a crumbly dough forms.
- 3 Line a baking sheet or jelly roll pan with parchment paper. Dump the dough into the center of the parchment paper and use a rolling pin to roll it into a rectangle that is 6” x 10.5”. Cut the dough into 14 bars that are 1.5” x 3” or into a desired shape.
- 4 Bake the bars for 30 minutes (this step helps to make the texture is drier and less sticky). Cool the bars to room temperature, then store refrigerated in a sealed container between sheets of wax paper.