This luscious recipe uses three different kinds of berries for triple the flavor and fun.
Recipe courtesy of Pink Princess Cookbook by Barbara Beery.
- 1 package frozen puff pastry dough
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar for shortcakes
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups raspberries, blueberries and sliced strawberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar for berries
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Whipped cream
- Assorted berries for garnish
- 1 Thaw dough for 30 minutes before using.
- 2 Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 3 Open one sheet of puff pastry and place on floured work area. Gently roll out and smooth pastry.
- 4 Use a cookie cutter to cut out a total of 12 to 15 pastries.
- 5 Place individual pastries on a foil-lined cookie sheet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Brush pastries lightly with melted butter and sprinkle lightly with sugar.
- 6 Bake for about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes before removing from cookie sheet.
- 7 Combine assorted berries, sugar and vanilla in a bowl. Set aside.
- 8 Place one puff pastry round on a plate and spoon berries on top.
- 9 Put a second pastry round on top of that and add more berries.
- 10 Top with a third pastry round. Finish off with a dollop of whipped cream and assorted berries.
- 11 If your shortcake stack begins to slide, secure each pastry round to the next with a toothpick. Be careful not to bite the toothpick!