As Hanukkah comes to a close, another favorite latke recipe from The Idaho Potato Commission.
These Sweet Idaho Potato and Ricotta Latkes are made with a mixture of grated potatoes, ricotta, flour, sugar, orange peel, baking powder and salt to which eggs and raisins are added.
Flattened and cooked until golden brown, they’re topped with a dusting of confectioner’s sugar. You can also serve with applesauce, if desired.
- 12 ounces (approx 2 cups) Idaho® potatoes, peeled
- 3 tablespoons part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup golden California raisins
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2 Grate potatoes into a large mixing bowl. Stir in ricotta, flour, sugar, orange peel, baking powder and salt. Add eggs and raisins; mix until well combined.
- 3 In a large, heavy, non-stick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Using a tablespoon, spoon potato mixture into skillet, using about 2 tablespoons per pancake. (Skillet should hold about 4 pancakes at a time.) Flatten mixture slightly with a spatula. Cook pancakes 2 minutes, then flip and cook another 2 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer pancakes to a baking sheet while cooking the remaining pancakes.
- 4 Place cooked pancakes in the oven and bake 10 minutes or until pancakes are cooked through. Cool. Sprinkle, as desired, with confectioner's sugar.