Volunteer to bring this simple and fabulous sweet potato dish for your next summer potluck. The creamy sweet potatoes with a light orange flavor topped with a nutty candy topping makes this a #1 recipe. Don’t save it only for the holidays — eat this all year round!
Recipe courtesy of Kitchen 101
- 3 cups cooked mashed peeled sweet potatoes, (about 3-4 sweet potatoes)
- 2/3 cup of 1 (14-ounce) can fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- Praline Topping (recipe follows)
- For the Praline Topping:
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 Preheat oven 350°F. Coat 2-quart casserole with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2 In bowl, cream together all ingredients except the topping with potato masher or mixer until blended.
- 3 To make the Praline Topping:
- 4 In bowl, mix together brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon.
- 5 Stir in butter, vanilla, and pecans until crumbly.
- 6 Transfer to prepared dish and sprinkle with Praline Topping.
- 7 Bake 40-45 minutes or until thoroughly heated and topping is brown and crumbly.