Going on a diet doesn’t have to be a chore!
This mouthwatering sweet veggie onion salad, made with corn, jicama, edamame and sweet bell peppers is perfectly complemented by a tangy homemade Margarita Dressing.
Recipe and image provided by the National Onion Association.
- 1 large or 2 small red onions, cut into wedges (about 2 1/2 cups)
- As desired to sauté Olive oil
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup julienne pared jicama
- 1 cup fresh or frozen edamame, shelled
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, seeded and julienned
- 2 quarts assorted salad greens
- 1/2 bunch fresh chives
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons honey mustard
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 Combine olive oil, lime juice, honey mustard and sugar in a bowl. Set aside.
Assemble the Salad
- 1 Sauté onions in oil gently over medium heat for 6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Combine onions, corn, jicama, edamame and bell pepper in bowl.
- 2 Pour Margarita Dressing over and toss lightly.
- 3 Chill until ready to serve. Portion over greens in salad bowl or on individual plates. Top with whole chives.