Layer pasta, cabbage and tropical fruits along with SPAM to create a unique salad with an island flair.
This recipe courtesy of SPAM®
- 1 (7-ounce) package rice sticks or 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1 (12-ounce) can SPAM® Classic, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 cups shredded cabbage or coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup seedless green grapes, halved
- 1 (11-ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 Prepare the rice sticks or pasta as package directs.
- 2 Meanwhile, in large skillet, sauté SPAM® over medium heat until lightly browned.
- 3 In small bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar and lemon juice. Add the brown sugar mixture to the SPAM®. Simmer over low heat until the SPAM® is evenly coated with the brown sugar mixture. Keep SPAM® warm while assembling the salad.
- 4 Place the cooked rice sticks or pasta on a large serving platter.
- 5 Combine the cabbage and green onions; sprinkle cabbage mixture over rice sticks or pasta. Arrange the green pepper strips and grapes over the cabbage.
- 6 Top with the sautéed SPAM® and mandarin oranges. Garnish as desired with slivered almonds and dried cranberries.