This recipe is part of our Teatime Series. “Low Tea” has been identified as a Top Ten Trend by The Food Channel, and so we put together a great afternoon tea to inspire you! Try this moist and nutty apple cake with your tea or coffee and a big dollop of whipped cream and you’ll think you are to-the-manor born!
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1 t. baking powder
- ½ t. salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 t. vanilla
- 2 cups apples, peeled and diced
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2 Mix flour, baking powder and salt.
- 3 Combine rest of ingredients.
- 4 Bake in square pan for 45 minutes.
- 5 Serve warm with whipped cream.