With anticipation building up for Super Bowl XLV, fans are finalizing their Super Bowl party menus. Though chps, dips chicken wings and pizza are the usual Super Bowl-go-to’s, the folks at DOBEL Tequila suggest adding unique twists to claasic game day recipes. DOBEL is bringing the Tex-Mex experience straight to your living room with these tequila-infused Mexican dishes. For fun, put it in colored margarita glasses matching the team you’re rooting for.
Recipe courtesy of DOBEL Tequila
- 6 pounds pork spareribs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- FOR TEQUILA BARBECUE SAUCE:
- 1 (12-ounce) can frozen pineapple juice, concentrate
- 1 cup lime juice
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 ounces Dobel Tequila
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco (or more if preferred)
- 1 Rinse ribs and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper. Preheat grill for high heat. Place ribs on grill and cook for ten minutes. Move ribs to indirect heat. Meanwhile, combine ingredients for barbecue sauce in a large saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring often, about 20 minutes. Remove sauce from heat and baste tops of ribs generously with sauce. Turn over and cook for 20 minutes. Baste other side of ribs generously with sauce; turn over grill for 30 minutes. Serve ribs with reserved sauce.