The zesty Mexican flavors in this chowder will satisfy any football fan.
This recipe courtesy of Pioneer Brand, C.H.Guenther & Son, Inc.
- 1 cup Chopped onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 2 medium Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 can (32 ounces) Chicken broth
- 1 bag (32 ounces) frozen southern-style hash brown potatoes
- 1 package Pioneer Country Gravy Mix (2.75 ounces)
- 2 cups Milk
- 8 ounces processed cheese food (such as Velveeta), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 jar (16 ounces) Chunky salsa (hot, medium, or mild)
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 In large saucepan, cook and stir onion, celery and garlic in oil over medium heat until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- 2 Add chicken; cook and stir until chicken is no longer pink. Add chicken broth; bring to a boil.
- 3 Add potatoes; cook over low heat for 10 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are soft, stirring occasionally. Return to boiling.
- 4 Dissolve gravy mix in milk; stir into boiling mixture. Add cheese, salsa and green chilies. Cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted.