Serve this flavorful dip to kick off your next tailgate party. Pack it in one of the popular heat-and-tote carriers to keep it hot until serving time. You can also serve the dip in a candle-heated server.
This recipe courtesy of Pioneer Brand, C.H.Guenther & Son, Inc.
- 1 pound Lean ground pork or beef
- 1 jar (16 ounce) Chunky salsa (hot, medium, or mild)
- 1 cup Water, divided
- 1 package Pioneer No-fat Brown Gravy Mix
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground cumin
- 1 can (15 ounce) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped jalapeño pepper (optional)
- 1 In 2-quart saucepan or large skillet, cook and stir ground pork until pork is no longer pink; drain. Add salsa and 1/2 cup water; heat to boiling.
- 2 Meanwhile, in small bowl, blend Pioneer No-Fat Brown Gravy Mix with 1/2 cup cool water; stir in cumin.
- 3 Pour gravy mixture into boiling mixture. Heat and stir until thickened.
- 4 Stir in beans and jalapeno; reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- 5 Transfer hot dip to heated server. Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves, if desired. Serve with tortilla chips.