Bored with burgers and hot dogs? Offer seasoned steak slices in flour tortillas at your next backyard cookout.
Recipe courtesy of McCormick
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons McCormick® Gourmet Collection Cocoa Chile Blend
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Oregano Leaves, Mexican
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 flour tortillas (8-inch)
- 1 Brush steak with oil. Mix brown sugar, cocoa chile blend, lime juice, oregano and salt until well blended. Rub paste over steak.
- 2 Refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight for best flavor. Broil or grill over medium-high heat 6 to 8 minutes per side or until desired doneness.
- 3 Cut steak across the grain into thin slices. Serve steak slices in warm flour tortillas. Top with salsa, shredded Cheddar cheese and sour cream, if desired.