This Classic Flame-Grilled Burger is just one of the regional burgers in the Rattan Direct series of Classic American Burger recipes!
Made simple, with a toasted, fluffy bun, ground sirloin, and melty cheese, this burger is the one we always come back to, with love.
All Classic American Burgers come from one starting point; 1/4 lb high quality minced steak with 20% fat, per burger. Mixed with black pepper to form a coherent mass and shaped into balls. Use large soft white buns. Seeds are optional. Toast the buns on the inner surfaces only.
- 1/4 lb burger mix (high-quality minced steak with 20% fat, black pepper)
- 1 slice cheese
- As desired, Iceberg lettuce, shredded
- As desired, condiments of choice
- 1 Light the barbecue for direct grilling above the coals. You want them hot so cook once the coals are showing 50% grey ash.
- 2 Press the ball of burger meat into a chef’s ring for a uniform thickness and shape.
- 3 Grill the burger for about 5 minutes on each side, turning halfway.
- 4 After turning, add a slice of cheese to the burger.
- 5 Toast the buns on the inner sides only.
- 6 Slather with mayo. Top with lettuce and onion, and then the burger.