This frothy drink has a taste reminiscent of Key lime pie or lemon-lime sherbet. If using a shaker, make only 1 drink at a time. If using a blender, you can double the recipe with success.
Recipe Courtesy of Williams-Sonoma
Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Lifestyles Series, Brunch Entertaining, by Janeen Sarlin (Time-Life Books, 1999).
- 1/4 cup gin
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 egg white (from a pasteurized egg)
- 2 teaspoons heavy cream
- Few drops of orange-flower water
- 3/4 cup crushed ice
- About 1/3 cup club soda
- Freshly grated nutmeg, to taste (optional)
- 1 In a blender or cocktail shaker, combine the gin, lemon and lime juices, sugar, egg white, cream, orange-flower water and crushed ice. Blend or vigorously shake until well mixed and frothy, about 1 minute. Pour into a highball glass, fill to the top with club soda and dust with nutmeg. Serve immediately.