Pork chops with an Italian flair! By using mozzarella cheese and KRAFT zesty Italian dressing, it’s easy to bring a taste of Italy to your pork dinner.
This recipe courtesy of KRAFT®.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving): Calories 480, Total fat 15 g, Saturated fat 5 g, Cholesterol 95 mg, Sodium 940 mg, Carbohydrate 43 g, Dietary fiber 4 g, Sugars 7 g, Protein 41 g, Vitamin A 35 %DV, Vitamin C 80 %DV, Calcium 25 %DV, Iron 10 %DV.
Healthy Living Information:
Good source of vitamin A or C
Diet Exchange: 2-1/2 Starch,1 Vegetable, 5 Meat (L), 1/2 Fat.
The peppers in this low-calorie meal team up to provide a good source of vitamin C. Carb Choices: 3.
- 2 cups instant brown rice, uncooked
- 4 lean bone-in center-cut pork chops (1-1/2 pounds), 1/2 inch thick
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1 each: green and red pepper, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup KRAFT Light Zesty Italian Reduced Fat Dressing
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup KRAFT 2% Milk Shredded Reduced Fat Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 COOK rice as directed on package.
- 2 MEANWHILE, heat large nonstick skillet on high heat. Add chops; cook 2 minutes or until bottoms of chops are browned. Reduce heat to medium; turn chops. Sprinkle with oregano; top with peppers, dressing and tomatoes. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 12 minutes or until chops are cooked through (160ºF).
- 3 SPOON rice onto serving plates; top with chops. Cover to keep warm. Increase heat under skillet to high; cook vegetable mixture 1 to 2 minutes or until vegetables are tender and sauce is thickened, stirring occasionally. Spoon over chops; top with cheese.