This jam is very soft and spreadable. It can be used as a spread on toast or muffins or a cookie filling or a topping for ice cream, pancakes and cheesecakes. Less than half the sugar is required of the traditional cooked jams using pectin.
Make a delicious jam whenever you have the urge for that taste of summer. Select one fruit or a combination of fruit.
Recipe courtesy of Club House Garden Fare
- Glass or plastic jars with tight fitting lids
- 4 cups of finely chopped fruit ( all fruit must be finely chopped, then measured-do not purée)
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 package Club House Garden Fare No Cook Freezer Jam gelling powder
- 1 Wash and rinse containers.
- 2 Place chopped fruit in large mixing bowl.
- 3 Gently stir in sugar and allow to stand for 15 minutes.
- 4 Slowly sprinkle Garden Fare No Cook Freezer Jam gelling powder a little at a time onto fruit mixture while stirring for 3 minutes.
- 5 Allow to stand for 5 minutes. Gently stir again for 1 minute.
- 6 Pour jam into jars, leaving 1 inch head space. Seal tightly. Jam is ready to eat. No standing time is required.
- 7 Store in refrigerator and use within 6 weeks or store in freezer for up to one year.
- 8 For best results, use the following fruit: apricots, blueberries, cherries, nectarines, peaches, pears, raspberries, strawberries, kiwi, plums, pineapple and papaya.
- 9 TIP: FRUIT COMBINATION IDEAS: Blueberry-Peach: 3 cups finely chopped peaches + 1 cup coarsely chopped blueberries
- 10 Raspberry-Pear: 2 cups gently crushed raspberries + 2 cups finely chopped pears
- 11 Kiwi-Berry: 2 cups crushed raspberries + 2 cups finely chopped kiwi
- 12 Strawberry-Raspberry: 3 cups finely chopped strawberries + 1 cup gently crushed raspberries
- 13 Peaches'nAlmond: 4 cups finely chopped peaches + 1 teaspoon Club House Almon Extract
- 14 Peach Melba: 2 cups gently crushed raspberries + 2 cups finely chopped peaches
- 15 Peach-Cherry: 2 cups coarsely chopped, pitted cherries + 2 cups finely chopped peaches
- 16 Raspberry-Blueberry: 3 cups gently crushed raspberries + 1 cup coarsely chopped blueberries
- 17 Blueberry-Cherry: 2 cups coarsely chopped, pitted cherries + 2 cups coarsely chopped blueberries
- 18 Plum-Pear-Peach: 1 cup finely chopped, pitted plums + 2 cups finely chopped pears + 1 cup finely chopped peaches
- 19 Pineapple-Peach: 3 cups finely chopped peaches + 1 cup finely chopped pineapple
- 20 Pineapple-Cherry: 3 cups coarsely chopped, pitted cherries + 1 cup finely chopped pineapple ( use fresh or drained canned pineapple)