Toffee Bars Recipe. By the time Santa comes down the chimney, your sweet tooth cravings might just be getting started. During the holidays make this recipe packed full of soy. The benefits of soy include heart-healthy protein, fiber and isoflavones.
Recipe courtesy of The Soyfoods Council
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup soy flour
- 12 to 14 ounces (2 to 3 large bars) bars milk chocolate, melted
- 3/4 cup chopped soy nuts
- 1 Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 2 In large mixing bowl, cream butter until light.
- 3 Add sugar, egg yolk, vanilla and salt and beat until well blended.
- 4 Add all-purpose flour and soy flour and mix well.
- 5 Spread evenly in a lightly greased 10-x15-x2-inch pan.
- 7 Let cool for about 5 minutes.
- 8 Spread with melted chocolate. Sprinkle with chopped nuts. Cool completely. Cut into bars.