Easy brownie recipe with toffee candies and chocolate sauce on top.
Recipe courtesy of Chinet.
- 1 (17.6 ounce) package brownie mix with walnuts
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 3 (6 ounce) candy bars with almonds and toffee chips
- 3/4 Cup half-and-half
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 lb semisweet chocolate chips (1 1/3 cups)
- 1/4 Teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 Prepare the brownie mix according to package directions.
- 2 Line a 13 by 9-inch cake pan with aluminum foil and spray with vegetable oil cooking spray. Spoon in half of the brownie batter and smooth with a spatula or the back of a spoon
- 3 Place the candy bars side by side on top of the batter. Cover with the remaining batter.
- 4 Bake according to package directions. Let cool completely, then lift from the pan using the edges of the foil. This makes it easy to cut the brownies into squares.
- 5 For the chocolate sauce, start by heating the half-and-half and butter not quite to a boil in a small heavy saucepan over medium heat. Remove from the heat.
- 6 Place the chocolate and vanilla in a medium heatproof bowl. Add the hot half-and-half and let sit for 2 minutes, then whisk until smooth. Serve slightly warm.