The third course of the rejuvenating and detoxifying meal at Zuma New York, the popular Japanese izakaya restaurant in Midtown Manhattan, the Tokyo Market Salad Bowl is a “superfood” salad made with 5 types of salad leaves, herbs, cucumbers, grains, cereals, and nuts, topped with a citrus honey dressing.
This three-course detoxifying meal was developed to be enjoyed in 15-20 minutes for the health and time conscious individual. Create the entire Kenko Set by finding Course 1 and Course 2 below:
This recipe is courtesy of Zuma New York.
- 100 grams seasonal green leaf mix
- 10 leaves baby kale
- 20 grams sweet gem lettuce, cut into small pieces
- 5 grams dill, picked
- 2 leaves shiso, picked
- 5 grams chives, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 10 pieces green apple, melon balled
- 1 breakfast radish, shaved and blanched in ice water for 10 min and pat dry
- 10 grams each carrots, cucumber and daikon, shaved and glanced in Ince water for 10 min and pat dry
- 1/2 avocado, cut in small pieces
- 30 grams honey and lemon dressing
- Roasted cashew nuts, crushed
Honey and Lemon Dressing
- 160 grams fresh lemon juice
- 80 grams lemon oil
- 70 grams honey
- 5 grams kosher salt
- 20 grams white sesame seeds, toasted
To assemble the salad
- 1 Put seasonal green leaf mix, baby kale, sweet gem lettuce, carrots, cucumber and daikon into a mixing bowl and mix with the honey and lemon dressing.
- 2 Place avocado pieces into salad bowl and add salad mix on top. Garnish with dill, picked shiso, chive sticks, green apple balls and roasted cashews.
For the Salad Dressing
- 1 Mix all ingredients in a bowl and fill into squeeze bottle