It’s all about the presentation when it comes to these Tomato Carrot Soup Shots. Well, that and flavor, of course! Photo courtesy of Brad Kirby Dallas. www.kirbyphoto.com
- 1 (15-ounce) can cut organic tomatoes
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and chopped coarsely
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and sliced into 4-5 slices
- 1/2 cup red lentils, washed and drained
- 1 quart water or vegetable broth
- 3 medium carrots cut into 1/4” x 2” sticks
- Dash of Celtic sea salt
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Add first 5 ingredients to a large pot; bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- 2 Reduce heat and simmer about 25 minutes or until lentils and sweet potatoes are soft.
- 3 Using an electric blending wand or food processor, puree the soup until silky smooth.
- 4 Blanch carrot sticks in boiling water until barely soft. Drain, set aside for garnish.
- 5 To puree, add the canned tomatoes and salt; stir and cook another 3 minutes.
- 6 Add the olive oil and stir.
- 7 Presentation: Pour soup in shot glasses and garnish with carrot sticks. Place whole cherry tomatoes on platter. Serve at room temperature or chilled.