Pineapple topping brings a tropical flavor to these bagel pizzas. Makes a great party appetizer or simple weeknight meal.
Recipe Courtesy of Pinnacle Foods Group Inc.
- 3 pre-sliced Lender's New York Style whole grain or wheat bagels (6 halves)
- 6 tablespoons spaghetti or pizza sauce
- 3/4 cup pineapple chunks, drained and sliced
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup scallions, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup teriyaki chicken, finely chopped
- 1 Preheat oven to broil. Place bagels on foil-lined baking sheet.
- 2 Spread spaghetti sauce on bagels. Slice each pineapple chunk twice to make slices. Place pineapple slices on each bagel to cover most of surface area. Save a few slices for the top.
- 3 Top each bagel with cheese, pineapple, mushrooms, bell peppers, scallions and teriyaki chicken.
- 4 FOR TERIYAKI CHICKEN: Place 2 skinless chicken breast fillets in a Ziploc plastic bag , pour 1/2 cup light teriyaki sauce and 2 tablespoons pineapple juice over chicken, and marinade for 30 minutes.
- 5 Drain marinade from chicken fillets and place on baking sheet. Bake at 400ºF for approximately 20 minutes or until done.
- 6 Remove from oven and let cool at least 10 minutes before chopping.
- 7 Place on oven rack in the middle of the oven and broil for 2 to 5 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and slightly brown.