Turkey Bolognese Recipe. Chef Whalen’s Turkey Bolognese includes ground turkey and sautéed vegetables, mixed with chopped herbs and crushed chili flakes, which he serves over linguine and tops with a generous portion of parmesan.
Recipe courtesy of the National Turkey Federation and Executive Chef/Owner Rocco Whalen of Fahrenheit in Cleveland, Ohio.
- 5 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Pounds coarse GROUND TURKEY (preferred dark meat mixture)
- 1 Medium onion, small dice
- 2 Medium carrots, peeled and small dice
- 1 Medium celery stalk, small dice
- 5 Cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 1-1/2 Cups dry white wine
- 2-1/2 Pounds fresh roma tomatoes(if not in season, sub high quality canned tomato)
- 3 Cups TURKEY STOCK
- 1 Ounce chopped fresh oregano
- 1 Ounce fresh thyme
- 2 Ounces chopped fresh basil
- 1 small pinch red pepper flakes
- As needed cooked linguine
- As needed grated fresh Parmesan
- As needed fresh basil, chiffonade
- 1 Sauté ground turkey in hot olive oil, season with salt and pepper and cook through. Remove from pan.
- 2 In the same pan, sauté onion, carrots and celery for 6 to 8 minutes. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant. Stir in tomato paste and deglaze with wine. Cook until wine is evaporated.
- 3 Add tomatoes and stock and cook for 30 minutes.
- 4 Stir in chopped herbs and crushed red pepper flakes. Adjust seasonings as necessary.
- 5 Serve over linguine. Sprinkle with Parmesan and garnish with additional basil.