Full of flavor and unique texture, this Greek-inspired turkey burger uses feta cheese and Panko bread crumbs to bring unique flavor and texture to your dinner table.
Need a few more burger ideas? Shawn Bailey has you covered with his four-part burger series. Check out this recipe on his latest episode of Game On!
- Turkey Burger:
- 1 lb. ground wild turkey, mix white meat with dark meat
- 1 egg
- 1 cup crumbled Feta cheese
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup Panko breading
- Tzatziki sauce:
- 1 medium peeled and shredded cucumber
- 1/2 pint Greek yogurt, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1-2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon of chopped dill
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Turkey Burger:
- 2 Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- 3 Make desired size patties.
- 4 To keep burgers from falling apart while cooking, place thumb print in middle of burger to keep from shrinking as it cooks.
- 5 Place burgers on grill and cook until medium. Remove, cover and let rest for 5 minutes.
- 6 Add Tzatziki sauce to toasted bun and top with red onion and spinach.
- 8 Tzatziki sauce:
- 9 Place the yogurt in a bowl and add crushed garlic.
- 10 Peel cucumber and slice in half to remove all seeds.
- 11 Shred the cucumber in a grater or processor.
- 12 Squeeze out any liquid, slightly salt, and let sit for 30 minutes, then squeeze again to get as much of the liquid out as possible so as to have a thicker sauce.
- 13 Add the rest of the ingredients and let sit.