This recipe for Turkey ‘n’ Stuffing Rollups is another in our series from the American Diabetes Association‘s recently released cookbook Mr. Food Test Kitchen’s Guilt-Free Comfort Favorites (American Diabetes Association, September 2018, ISBN: 978-1-580-40690-1, $22.95).
Created for those with diabetes, pre-diabetes, or anyone wanting to create healthier versions of holiday comfort foods, this recipe gives you full-on Thanksgiving flavor without having to prepare the whole bird. The smaller portions help cut down on calories as well.
Turkey ‘n’ Stuffing Rollups are perfect for more intimate holiday gatherings and you don’t have to wait for the holidays to enjoy. They’re great year-round treats and add a touch of elegance to the table or serving tray.
All recipes posted from this cookbook have been approved by the American Diabetes Association to meet nutritional guidelines.
- 2 tablespoons margarine, light, trans-fat-free
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/4 cup onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup crushed herb stuffing
- 1/2 cup chicken broth, fat-free, low-sodium, warmed
- 6 (4-ounce) boneless, skinless turkey breast cutlets
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) jar fat-free turkey gravy
- Paprika for sprinkling
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2 Coat a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- 3 In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt margarine; sauté celery, carrot, and onion 4-5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- 4 In a medium bowl, combine stuffing, sautéed vegetables, and broth; mix well.
- 5 Evenly sprinkle turkey cutlets on both sides with poultry seasoning and pepper. Place equal amounts of stuffing mixture (about 1/3 cup) on top of each cutlet and roll up.
- 6 Place rolls seam-side-down in baking dish, pour gravy evenly over top, and sprinkle with paprika. Cover with aluminum foil.
- 7 Bake 30-35 minutes or until no pink remains in turkey. Serve immediately.