This Ultimate Breakfast Sandwich is served on a puff pastry, topped with sausage and eggs, a touch of thyme, some avocado and delicious cheddar cheese.
Perfect for making ahead for those days when time seems to get away from you!
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) package sausage (8 patties)
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 avocados
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 5 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 Cut the puff pastry into thirds, and then into thirds again, creating 9 equal rectangles. Brush with a little egg wash and sprinkle with sea salt, then bake at 375 degrees F. for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- 2 Meanwhile, add one tablespoon of butter to a hot cast iron skillet. Fry the sausage along with thyme and some salt. Scramble the remaining eggs. In small batches, add the eggs to a small nonstick pan set to medium heat, with the remaining butter. Pull up the edges of the eggs and swirl the uncooked eggs to the outside of the pan. Cover with a lid and steam for half a minute. Fold over the eggs and sprinkle with salt.
- 3 Assemble the sandwiches by flipping the puff pastry over. Add a slice of cheddar, a couple of the sausage patties, egg and sliced avocado. Top with another slice of puff pastry. You can freeze these ahead (minus the avocado) in individual parchment paper wrapping.