Black beans and brown rice is a wonderful side dish and a splash of V-8 makes it all the better.
This recipe courtesy of Recipe Goldmine.
- 2 1/2 cups V-8
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (more or less, to taste)
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (12 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained well
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (optional)
- 1 Heat V-8 and Tabasco sauce to a boil. Add rice and simmer, covered, over low heat for 45 minutes, until rice is tender.
- 2 Remove from heat. Let cool thoroughly. Add remaining ingredients and refrigerate until cold.