Valentine’s Red Velvet Cupcakes Recipe. Make this Valentine’s Day the most delicious ever, with a recipe perfect for anyone close to your heart: Red Velvet Cupcakes, a mini version of the classic red velvet cake.
Recipe courtesy of McCormick
Read about McCormick’s Relationship Matrix which helps you choose the right Valentine recipe for those close to your heart.
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 bottle (1 ounce) McCormick® Red Food Color
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting (recipe follows)
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Set aside.
- 2 Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed 5 minutes or until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Mix in sour cream, milk, food color and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until just blended. Do not overbeat. Spoon batter into 30 paper-lined muffin cups, filling each cup 2/3 full.
- 3 Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into cupcake comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire rack 5 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely. Frost with Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting.
- 4 TEST KITCHEN TIP:TIPS:VANILLA CREAM CHEESE FROSTING: Beat 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened, 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened, 2 tablespoons sour cream and 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract in large bowl until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in 1 box (16 ounces) confectioners' sugar until smooth.