Parents can remind their kids how proud of them they are with a tasty batch of Vanilla Rich Chocolate Chip Cookies for Valentine’s Day. Flavors of premium vanilla and chocolate blend together to make a wonderful combination in these favorite chocolate chip cookies.
Recipe courtesy of McCormick
Read about McCormick’s Relationship Matrix which helps you choose the right Valentine recipe for those close to your heart.
- 3 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 package (12 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 Preheat oven to 375°F. Mix flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Set aside. Beat butter and sugars in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well mixed. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- 2 Drop by rounded tablespoons about 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- 3 Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets 1 minute. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.