Vegetable risotto makes an impressive side dish or perfect vegetarian entree.
- 4-6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup shitake mushrooms
- 1-2 cups asparagus, cut
- 1/4 cup shallots
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- White wine
- Parmesan cheese
- 1 Saute mushrooms and asparagus. Season to taste. Set aside.
- 2 Melt butter and olive oil. Add shallots. Saute until transparent.
- 3 Stir in rice. Lightly toast.
- 4 Add white wine; stir to absorb.
- 5 Begin adding broth, one cup at a time. Stir constantly, about 20 minutes until al dente.
- 6 Fold in vegetables and Parmesan cheese.