Very Cherry Treats Recipe. Dried tart cherries and cherry flavoring are tasty additions to Rice Krispies treats.
Courtesy of Kellogg’s Rice Krispies®.
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 ounces., about 40) regular marshmallows - OR - 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 teaspoons cherry flavoring
- 1 teaspoon red food coloring (optional)
- 6 cups Rice Krispies®
- 1/2 cup dried tart cherries
- 1 In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Stir in cherry flavoring and food coloring (if desired).
- 2 Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal and dried cherries. Stir until well coated.
- 3 Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares. Best if served the same day.
- 4 MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS: In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Add cherry flavoring and food coloring (if desired), stirring until combined. Follow steps 2 and 3 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.