The Jewish New Year is around the corner, and this recipe is a perfect addition. In the wintertime, this is simply a “red salad,” sans the watermelon.
Though pomegranate and citrus are not traditional summer fruits, as long as pomegranates are still available, and the citrus is still good quality, don’t leave them out.
This recipe and image are courtesy of kosher.com.
- 1 (17.6-oz.) package Gefen Ready-Cooked Beets, cut into wedges
- 3 oranges, supremed
- 1 cup diced watermelon
- Seeds of 1 pomegranate
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 1-2 limes
- Salt, to taste
- 1 In a bowl, combine beets, oranges, watermelon, pomegranate seeds, and red onion. It’s okay if it starts to bleed after you toss it; after all, this is a red salad.
- 2 Dress with lime, olive oil, and salt to taste.