Yes, you can enjoy watermelon in every season. Our friends at the National Watermelon Board share this winter-flavor inspired recipe for Watermelon Cranberry Glazed Pork Chops!
- 2 cups watermelon purée
- 4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- dash cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 8 pork chops
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rosemary leaves
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 Simmer ingredients for glaze together in a heavy saucepan for 20 minutes or until cranberries are tender and sauce is thick.
- 1 Place the pork in a large zipper lock bag with rest of the ingredients (except the glaze) and seal tightly.
- 2 Allow to marinate at least 2 hours or up to 12.
- 3 Grill until cooked and arrange on a warm platter.
- 4 Pour the glaze over the chops and serve immediately.