This delicious, easy-to-make drink is perfect for a romantic evening or anytime! You can also substitute honeydew or cantaloupe for the watermelon, depending on what you find at the local market.
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 5 cups watermelon, peeled and cubed, seeds removed
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- Fresh mint sprigs, for garnish
- 1 In a small pot, bring water to a boil. Add the mint leaves and sugar. Stir until the sugar has dissolved. Transfer to a heatproof container and let chill, uncovered, for about 30 minutes.
- 2 Strain into a bowl and discard the mint leaves. In a blender, combine the mint syrup, watermelon and lime juice. Blend until very smooth and strain into a pitcher.
- 3 Add 2 cups of water and stir. Pour over ice and garnish with a fresh mint sprig. For a delicious cocktail, add vodka and serve up in a martini glass!