Jazz up rice by adding earthy wild rice, mushrooms and colorful peppers. See the video for step-by-step instructions by clicking here.
Recipe courtesy of Holly Clegg’s trim&TERRIFIC® Too Hot in the Kitchen
Diabetic Exchanges: 1.5 starch, 1 fat
- 1 (6-ounce) box long-grain and wild rice mix
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, sliced in long, thin slices
- 1 green bell pepper, cored, sliced in long, thin slices
- 1/2 pound sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup cooked white rice
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 Cook wild rice according to package directions; set aside.
- 2 In large nonstick skillet, heat oil and sauté red and green peppers, and mushrooms until tender, 5-7 minutes.
- 3 Stir in cooked wild rice, white rice, and green onion.