This delicious drink, celebrating the flavor of watermelon, comes courtesy of Yardbird Southern Table & Bar. Made with a blend of white whiskey, fresh watermelon juice, simple syrup, fresh lemon juice, Aperol and soda water, it’s sure to delight your guests at Memorial Day gatherings or any occasion during the summer. Cheers!
Tools needed for this beverage: shaker, strainer
Preferred serving glass: Collins or mason jar
Garnish: rosemary sprig and lemon wheel
Directions for simple syrup in the recipe below, courtesy of Imbibe.
- 1½ oz. white whiskey
- 1¼ oz. fresh watermelon juice
- ½ oz. simple syrup (1:1) - see link above for simple syrup directions
- ½ oz. fresh lemon juice
- ½ oz. Aperol
- Soda water
- 1 Shake all the ingredients together with ice until chilled.
- 2 Strain into an ice-filled glass.
- 3 Top off with soda water and garnish.